Jewellery making arts and crafts is a great creative activity for both boys and girls, offering several benefits:
- It is an opportunity for creative expression.
- It teaches children how to make their own presents. In this day and age of store-bought consumerism, nothing speaks louder than words than the thought and commitment involved in a DIY gift.
- It is therapeutic – art and craft activities have been used as a form of therapy for creating calm.
DIY Jewellery Making
Jewellery Making Starter Set – comes with everything you need to start make your own jewellery:
- Large range of beads
- Nylon threading
- Jewellery connectors: 50 silver plated eyepins, 50 silver plated headpins, 10 silver plated lobster clasps, 100 silver plated jump rings, 50 silver plated round crimp beads, 100 silver plated spacer beads, 25 silver plated earwires.
- Jewellery making pliers – side cutting, flat nose, round nose
- Chinese embroidered silk jewellery bag
- Guide: Starting to Make Bead Jewellery – Basic Techniques and Simple Design Ideas
Chinese Knotting: An Illustrated Guide to 100+ Projects is a beautiful volume that teaches the easy-to-learn elements of Chinese knotting—interlacing silk cords and other materials in a variety of ways. The art of Chinese knotting has a rich history dating back to prehistoric times. Over the centuries, Chinese knotting has continued to evolve and has been incorporated in fashion, jewelry, accessories, home decoration, contemporary art and other means of expression. Using this ancient technique in new and fresh ways has kept it vital even into the new century.
Using step-by-step illustrations, this book introduces more than 100 types of Chinese knots. The tutorials will guide you through the creation of various knots and introduce their applications. You will gain an understanding of:
- Basic knots, such as double-coin knot, cloverleaf knot, endless knot and others
- Advanced knots that combine several basic knots, such as hydrangea knot, dharma-wheel knot and butterfly knot
- Practical projects, such as buttons, bookmarks and bracelets, etc.
- Chinese auspicious culture and its traditional symbols, such as “Blessings in Four Seasons”, “Happiness and Longevity” and “Good Things Come in Pairs”
- History and use of Chinese knots
The most comprehensive guide to knotting and braiding techniques with literally hundreds of illustrated techniques from bestselling author and crafter, Dorothy Wood.
Ideal for both experienced makers as well as younger friendship bracelet makers, Dorothy shows you how to master hundreds of knotting and braiding techniques to create stunning jewelry and accessories.
Techniques cover kumihimo (braiding), plaiting, knotting (including macrame) and fusion, with techniques for adding beads, using different cords/wire and attaching findings.
Easy to follow step-by-step instruction and photography will help you to learn each of the different techniques.
Choose from a selection of project ideas to refine your new skills including jewelry, accessories and home decor to create beautiful gifts and home decorations.
Ultimate Friendship Bracelets Kit gives you everything you need to make 12 classic bracelets including:
- 14 colorful skeins of embroidery floss
- a full-color book of easy-to-follow diagrams and instructions
- a DVD of video demos showing how the patterns emerge and how to finish off a bracelet in style
- some beads thrown in for fun and experimentation
This DIY craft kit features all the classics, from 2-color chevrons, stripes and diamonds to funky 6-color totems, plus a heart pattern, a tasseled a zigzag, and more. And there are some great ideas for embellishing your bracelets to make them even more personal.
The Ultimate Wrap Bracelets kit helps you create bracelets featuring different bead sizes and types, as well as different cord materials, so you can discover your favorite styles and components. The kit includes three different sets of cords and beads for the “starter” bracelet so you can try different colors, or maybe invite a couple of friends over for a learning session. The videos on the accompanying DVD make it easy to follow the steps for each bracelet.
This DIY craft kit includes:
- 600 beads in six different colors
- 3 button clasps
- 6 charms
- 3 cords
- A chord board to hold the cords while you bead
- 48 page, full-color instruction booklet
- Free video tutorials with easy to follow steps
One thought on “Art and Craft: Jewellery Making”
It’s craft jewelry making idea. Thanks for sharing.
LikeLiked by 1 person