Note to new readers: I am brutally honest in my weekly pregnancy reports and leave no symptom unmentioned – even the unpleasant ones – so please bear that in mind if you intend to continue reading this post…
Okay, so here’s the same old, same old:
- Morning sickness – check
- Picky appetite – check
- Feeling like an alien has invaded my body – check
- Headaches – check
- Extreme fatigue – check
Dang, are none of these symptoms subsiding at all?
New symptoms and developments:
- I get this ache in my lower abdominal area every time I get up too quickly.
- I get more nauseous when I over exert myself or if I stay out in the sun – okay, maybe not exactly a new development but I’ve finally discovered the link when I took Gavin for a ride on his tricycle in the garden one morning.
- I’ve started brushing my teeth with Gavin’s strawberry-flavoured toothpaste because it doesn’t make me gag nearly as much as my regular mint-flavoured toothpaste.
- I’ve also noticed that my nipples get more sensitive the longer the gap between Gavin’s nursing sessions. Thankfully, it is still quite bearable, though.
- My headaches, I’ve discovered, are hormonal-related. A common enough symptom during pregnancy. Come to think of it, I do vaguely recall suffering from headaches during the first pregnancy with Gavin.
- My appetite per meal is still very small and I often find I can’t eat much per sitting. This seems to be very much in line with the first pregnancy. I remember thinking that pregnant women could eat a whole banquet on their own only to feel jibbed when I discovered that was not the case for me.
- I’ve gone off 100Plus and am now in favour of Ribena and orange juice – particularly that sickening sweet one by Tropicana called “Twister”. In fact, I don’t think I’ve drunk plain water in a while…
- Quite unlike the first time with Gavin, I seem to be craving more carbs this time around. With Gavin, I just wanted to eat meat. Now, I can’t stomach the stuff and only want carbs – noodles, in particular.
- My bump has grown pretty quickly this time around – I look like I did when I was five months pregnant the last time. The belly button has already popped out, too – the turkey timer may be out but I still have a long six months to get through.
- Starting to notice an increase in vaginal discharge – looks like I’ll need to stock up on more panty liners…
- This is the first time I’ve experienced it, but my clitoris was swollen and very sensitive – no, it was not in a nice way, it was blardi painful (you would think that something about this pregnancy ought to be nice). I don’t remember reading anything about this so I googled it and found a very down-to-earth pregnancy symptom-by-symptom breakdown on Kirsten’s Guide. It appears that a sensitive clitoris (for better or worse) is all part of normal pregnancy.
Going to see the doctor this week, so more news then…
2 thoughts on “2nd Pregnancy Week 11”
Chadwick’s sign? —-> http://www.pregnancy-baby.com/chadwicks.php
Go easy when you stand up from sitting position okieesss?…dont get up so quickly..e.g when you wake up from sleep,sit on the bed awhile then slowly get up..
Thanks Valerie. I should but I guess I didn’t expect that to start so early this time.